In this tutorial we install the MTConnect FANUC Adapter in Windows and connect to a FANUC FS0iD control. The source code is downloaded and compiled before some settings are made to establish a connection to the machine.
1. Download the MTConnect Adapter source code from: https://github.com/mtconnect/adapter
2. Extract the source code to your PC
3. Copy the appropriate Fwlib32.h file from FANUC FOCAS cd into the /adapter/fanuc/ directory for the control we are connecting to.
4. Copy all of the .dll and library files from the FANUC FOCAS cd into the /adapter/fanuc/ directory on your PC.
4.5 Copy the Fwlib32.dll file from the FOCAS cd to C:\Windows\System32\
5. Open the /fanuc/fanuc.sln solution file in Microsoft Visual C++ 2010.
6. Right click on the project and open the properties dialog from the context menu.
7. Select Linker->Input from the left menu.
8. Change the Configuration drop down box to Release 0iD
9. Remove the /fwlib/ from the additional dependencies so they properly point to the libraries.
10. Close the properties dialog.
11. Change the build drop down to Release 0iD
12. Press F7 to build the solution.
13. Copy /adapter/fanuc/adapter.cfg to /adapter/fanuc/Release0iD/adapter.cfg
14. Open the adapter.cfg file with a text editor and change the IP Address to match the machine we are connecting to.
15. From the command prompt, run the compiled binary with the option debug.
16. Test by having your agent connect to this adapter! Once the adapter is tested it can be installed into windows by running: